This keto-paleo pumpkin bread will give you all the fall vibes and will fit in either a paleo or ketogenic diet. Today it’s officially pumpkin season! I love the fall and especially all the recipes that can be made with my favourite seasonal product: pumpkins! This recipe is perfect not only to bring the delicious smell of pumpkin spice inside your home but also to enjoy it with a nice pumpkin spice latte. Let’s get cozy!
For the ingredients
The Flour: In this recipe I used a mixture of almond flour and coconut flour. The coconut flour is added to give this bread a bit more of a firm texture. When I only used the almond flour, it fell appart more easily.
The sweetener: depending on how you want to fit this bread into your diet you can use either erythritol (or monkfruit) when you’re on keto or you can use some maple syrup for the paleo friendly version of this recipe/
Spices and flavour: In this recipe I use a pinch of salt, vanilla extract and pumpkin spice.
Make your own pumpkin spice blend by mixing:
– 2 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
– 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
You can use 1 teaspoon for the recipe and save the left over spice mix in a jar and save it for when you want to make some other delicious pumpkin spice recipes.
Pumpkin puree: I used fresh home made pumpkin puree, which is really easy to make by peeling, deseeding and cutting a pumpkin and cook in a steamer. Once the pumpkin is cooked I mix it in a blender and save it in a jar in the fridge or the freezer.
If you don’t want to go trough the process of making the pumpkin puree, you can also buy canned pre-made pumpkin puree, which works just fine too.
Eggs: I used free range eggs in this recipe.
KETO-PALEO PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE
– 1 1/2 cup almond flour
– 1/2 cup coconut flour
– 3/4 cup erythritol (keto version) or 1/3 cup maple syrup (paleo version)
– 1 tsp pumpkin spice – see ingredient notes to make your own pumpkin spice
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp sea salt
– 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
– 4 large eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/3 cup melted butter (keto version) or 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (paleo version)
– 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F or 175 °C.
- Line a loaf pan with some parchment paper.
- In medium sized bowl mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener (in the keto version only, for the paleo version, add it with the wet ingredients), pumpkin spice, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, add the melted butter, the vanilla extract, the pumpkin puree, eggs and maple syrup (in paleo version only).
- Mix with a handmixer until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix well together with a spatula.
- Transfer the batter into the lined loaf pan and press evenly to make a smooth top.
- Sprinkle the top with chopped pecans and press them lightly into the surface.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan and slicing.
Paleo version: Serving: 1 slice | Calories: 215 kcal | Carbohydrates: 12 g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Fiber: 3g
Keto version: Serving: 1 slice | Calories: 165 kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Fiber: 3g
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links, which helps keep this content free.