This keto – paleo pumpkin pie recipe is one you’ll want to try this pumpkin season. Since our family is not that big, and a complete pumpkin pie would be too much, I decided to make some little ones. I found these small pie tins that are perfect for it. My 4 year old daughter loved these! This recipe can also be made into one big pie as well.
For the ingredients
The flour: In this recipe I used blanched almond flour.
The sweetener: depending on which diet you’re on, there will be a difference in the sweetener you’ll choose. If you’re on a ketogenic diet, you can use (golden) erythritol, monkfruit or stevia. When you’re on a paleolithic diet, you can use coconut sugar.
Pumpkin puree: I used fresh home made pumpkin puree, which is really easy to make by peeling, deseeding and cutting a pumpkin and cook in a steamer. Once the pumpkin is cooked I mix it in a blender and save it in a jar in the fridge or the freezer.
If you don’t want to go trough the process of making the pumpkin puree, you can also buy canned pre-made pumpkin puree, which works just fine too.
The creamer: If you’d like to make this recipe dairy free you can use coconut cream or any other nut creamer (not milk! As you need a thick consistency). When you’re on a ketogenic diet, and dairy is not a problem for you, you can use unsweetened heavy cream. Make sure to check the ingredient list when buying creamer. Avoid products that have ‘carrageenan‘ in it, since this additive causes inflammation.
Spices and flavour: In this recipe I use a pinch of salt and pumpkin spice.
Make your own pumpkin spice blend by mixing:
– 2 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
– 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
You can use 1-2 teaspoons for the recipe and save the left over spice mix in a jar and save it for when you want to make some other delicious pumpkin spice recipes.
KETO-PALEO PUMPKIN PIE
4 small pies or 1 large pie
For the crust
– 2 cups almond flour
– 2 tablespoons butter (keto version) or 2 tablespoons coconut oil (paleo version)
– 2 tablespoons granulated erythritol (keto version) or 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (paleo version)
– 2 eggs
– Pinch of salt
For the pie filling
– 1 cup pumpkin puree
– 1/4 cup heavy cream (keto version) or 1/4 cup coconut cream (paleo version)
– 1/3 cup golden erythritol (keto version) or 1/3 cup coconut sugar (paleo version)
– 2 eggs
– 1-2 teaspoons Pumpkin spice (see ingredient information to make your own blend)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F or 175 °C.
- Start by preparing the crust. In a large bowl, add the almond flour, butter, erythritol and eggs.
- Mix everything together with a wooden spoon or spatula until it forms a dough.
- Devide the dough into 4 small crust moulds, press well against the edges.
- Bake the moulds with dough in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until the crust starts to look golden.
- Take the crusts out of the oven and set aside.
- Prepare the pie filling: Mix the pumpkin puree, creamer, sweetener, eggs and spices in a large bowl and fill up the pies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until filling is slightly jiggly in the middle and crust is golden.
- Let the pies cool down for another hour before serving.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which helps keep this content free.
Paleo version: Serving: 1 pie | Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 22g | Fiber: 2.5g
Keto version: Serving: 1 pie | Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 9.5g | Fat: 22g | Fiber: 2.5g