This keto vanilla pound cake is perfect to have for dessert or with your afternoon coffee or tea. One slice has a total of 2.5 grams of net carbs. This cake is so close to the original pound cake made with flour when it comes to texture and taste.
I’ve made a lot of keto-friendly pound cakes in the past, but they always tend to turn out quite dry and have this crumbly texture. After much trial and error, I’ve finally found a mix that made this vanilla pound cake just perfect.
It’s actually based on the principle of cheesecake, by combining the eggs, butter, sweetener, and cream cheese but then give it a flour-like texture by adding in the almond flour.
For the ingredients
The flour: In this recipe, I used blanched almond flour.
The sweetener: to sweeten this pound cake I used granulated erythritol. But you can also use any other keto sweetener of your preference like monk fruit, stevia, or inulin.
The dairy: I used grass-fed butter and full-fat cream cheese to give it that nice firm texture once it’s baked and combined with the eggs. If you don’t want to use butter, you can also use ghee or coconut oil.
The vanilla flavor: to give this pound cake the nice vanilla flavor, I used vanilla extract. If you’d like to add in other flavors that’s also possible by replacing or adding the amount of vanilla extract with a flavor of your preference (like almond extract, lemon extract, orange extract, etc.)
KETO VANILLA POUND CAKE
1 cake (18 slices)
– 2 1/2 cup almond flour
– 1 1/3 cup granulated erythritol
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 cup butter
– 8 oz. cream cheese
– 8 eggs
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit or 175 Celsius. Line out some parchment paper in a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, add the almond flour, erythritol, salt, and baking powder and mix with a spoon.
- Add the butter and cream cheese and mix with an electrical mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix with an electrical mixer until you have a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan and bake in the oven for 50-65 minutes until done.
- The cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake completely cool down before removing the parchment paper and slicing it.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links that help keep this content free
Serving: 1 slice | Calories: 210 kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.1g | Protein: 6.8g | Fat: 19g | Fiber: 1.6g