I’m a big fan of easy simple recipes, and this keto creamy pesto chicken is one of them. With only seven ingredients, you can prepare this delicious dish with a minimum amount of effort or cooking skills! This recipe is so easy to prepare and perfect to have a keto-friendly family dinner.
One serving has a total of 10 grams net carbs.
The ingredients for this recipe
Chicken breasts: Ideally you’ll want to get an organic chicken that is pasture-raised. This way you avoid consuming antibiotics and unhealthy GMO feed the has potentially chicken eaten. These chickens are more expensive, but if it doesn’t fit your budget, a conventional chicken breast is fine too.
Cream cheese: Go for organic cream cheese from grass-fed cows’ milk. Or conventional cream cheese. Always check the ingredient list to avoid unnecessary additives.
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
Shredded mozzarella: Go for organic cream cheese from grass-fed cows’ milk. Or conventional shredded mozzarella cheese. Always check the ingredient list to avoid unnecessary additives like corn starch, potato starch, or carrageenan.
Tomato sauce: You can use a passata sauce or any other tomato sauce without added sugar in it.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius or 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Start by cutting the chicken filets in half, but not completely so you can still close them once you fill them up. Season both sides with salt and pepper and set aside. (optional you can flatten them before seasoning with a meat hammer, this will soften the chicken)
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the cream cheese and pesto. Mix until smooth.
- Fill up the chicken filets with the cream cheese and pesto mixture and close them.
- Place the stuffed chicken fillets in a large oven dish and add tomato sauce and, shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve with salad.
What can I eat with this keto creamy pesto chicken recipe?
I like to combine this recipe with some arugula or any other lettuce. If you want to add more vegetables to this recipe, you can also add a cup of cooked spinach to the pesto mixture before adding it to the chicken breasts. You can also eat the chicken just like prescribed in this recipe. It counts as a full meal.