This keto breakfast omelet is one of my favorite breakfasts to have on the days I want to enjoy ketosis. This omelet has a total of 8 grams of net carbs and tastes amazing. I could just fry 3 eggs in a pan with some butter, and that’s great if you’re in a hurry and need a quick breakfast. But I’m a foodie and adding in some extra’s makes all the difference in taste and nutritional value as well.
For the ingredients
Ghee: I used ghee in this recipe to fry the omelet in, but you can also use any other healthy fat to fry this omelet with. Some healthy fats would include coconut oil, avocado oil, butter, duck fat, or beef tallow.
The vegetables: I love the combination of yellow bell pepper with onion, garlic, and eggs. But you can easily add in more keto-friendly vegetables if you like. Spinach, mushrooms, or tomatoes are just some examples.
The spices: In this recipe, I kept it simple and stuck to just some sea salt and black pepper.
Mozzarella: I used some shredded mozzarella, but you can use any of your preferred cheese.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links that help keep this content free.
What else to combine this keto breakfast omelet with
An omelet is one of the most versatile breakfasts you can have really. The basis is eggs and from there you can add in whatever you like. The key, however, is to combine vegetables or toppings that are keto-friendly. To help you out I listed some suggestions on which vegetables or source of protein you can use:
Keto-friendly vegetables you can add:
– bell pepper
– steamed broccoli
Keto-friendly meats you can add:
– smoked salmon
– cooked ground meat
– shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 small onion cut in pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper cut in pieces
- 1/4 cup shredded mozarella
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
- 3 eggs whisked
- Melt the ghee in a medium sized pan on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and yellow bell pepper and fry for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread out the mixture in the pan and cover it with the whisked eggs.
- Turn down the heat to a low and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the omelet.
- Flip one side (1/3) of the omelet inwards and carefully flip it over into a roll.
Have you tried this recipe? I’d love to know what you think by leaving this recipe rating or comment.