This keto sandwich bread is perfect to replace your lunch sandwiches with, or meal-prep ahead of time to set yourself up for healthy meals. This sandwich bread recipe is also suitable for a paleo diet. This bread is free of gluten and dairy.
I used to make this bread as a 90-second keto bread, which is made in the microwave. But recently I don’t use nor own a microwave anymore. So I made this larger keto bread, that is just as easy and delicious and work as a great substitute for wheat bread, and can be prepared in the oven.
One sandwich has only 6 grams of net carbs.
The ingredients for this keto sandwich bread
Almond flour: Almond flour is the base for this recipe. You can’t substitute with coconut flour. I tried and it failed. Choose a fine, ground, blanched almond flour.
Baking powder: go for a gluten-free baking powder. Make sure to add it, this helps the bread to rise and gives it a nice consistency.
Eggs: In this recipe, you’ll need 3 whole eggs (3 yolks, 3 egg white) and 1 egg white.
KETO SANDWICH BREAD
- 1 square baking pan
- parchment paper
- Add parchment paper to a baking pan en preheat the oven to 345 F / 175 C.
- Add the almond flour and baking powder to a bowl. Mix and make a little hole in the middle.
- Add the whole eggs, egg white, salt, and MCT powder to the hole and start whisking.
- Mix until you have a nice smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter to the baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Take the bread out of the oven en let it cool.
- Remove the bread from the baking pan en cut into 4 even 'square buns'
- Then cut the bun in half and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
This post contains affiliate links that help keep this content free.
How to store this keto sandwich bread?
You can store it in a ziplock bag for up to 5 days after preparing.
Which size of baking pan do you use?
I used a square pan of 20 x 20 cm. Or you can use one that is square between 7.2 – 8 inches.
Which toppings can I add that are keto-friendly?
There is a whole array of fillings you can add to this sandwich. Here are a few of my favorite combo’s:
- Romain lettuce – mayo – egg omelet – gouda cheese – tomato – cucumber
- Cream cheese with herbs – smoked salmon – arugula lettuce
- Iceberg lettuce – ham – cheese – mayo – sugar-free ketchup – tomato
- Green pesto – mozzarella cheese – tomato – basil – ham (also great when grilled)
There are so many more combos you can make. This is my go-to sandwich whenever I need a meal on the go. It’s super yummy and filling.