Looking for paleo or keto-friendly cookies that actually have a bit of a crunch? Then this recipe might be what you’re looking for. I love myself something crunchy, and I noticed that most of the recipes I tried in the past were delicious, but couldn’t give me that crunch. This recipe solves just that.
These cookies will be paleo or keto-friendly depending on the sweetener you will use. In the paleo version, I used coconut sugar, in the keto version you can use brown or regular erythritol, monk fruit, or stevia.
I made this cookie recipe with a minimum amount of sweetener. So if you’d like to have them extra sweet, you might want to add in some more sweetener, depending on your taste. You can decide by trying a bit of the dough right before cutting out cookies.
For the ingredients
The flour: In this recipe, I only used almond flour.
The fat: I made these cookies with coconut oil, but you can also use unmelted butter (if you make the keto version)
The sweetener: For the paleo version you can use coconut sugar. For the keto version you can use brown erythritol, or white is fine too monk fruit or stevia. Both versions of these cookies have a low amount of carbs(which you can find in the nutrition notes). So depending on your standpoint on sugar, you can choose whichever sweetener you prefer.
Extra flavor: to add in extra flavor I added some salt and vanilla extract. You can add in any extract of your liking to give it your own little touch.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which helps keep this content free.
30 small cookies
– 2 cups almond flour
– 1/4 cup coconut sugar (paleo version) or 1/3 cup brown erythritol (keto version)
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
– 1 egg
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit or 190 Celsius.
- Line out some parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, add all the listed ingredients. Mix with a spoon or knead with your hands.
- Turn the dough into a ball and press it down onto a parchment paper. Roll out with a rolling pen until you have thin layer. (make sure the dough is rolled out thin enough to ensure the crunch)
- Cut out the cookies with a cookie cutter and transfer into the parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 13-15 minutes until they start to turn golden brown.
- Let them cool down before eating.
Paleo version: Serving: 1 cookie | Calories: 23 kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 0.6g | Fat: 1.5g | Fiber: 0.2g
Keto version: Serving: 1 cookie | Calories: 17 kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.4g | Protein: 0.6g | Fat: 1.5 | Fiber: 0.2g