These one-ingredient keto tacos are perfect to have for #TacoTuesday! You’ll only need some cheddar cheese and your favorite taco toppings.
One taco shell has a total of 1 gram net carbs.
The one ingredient you’ll need for these tacos
Yes, you can create a delicious taco with just one ingredient: cheddar cheese. There are some tips I’d like to give you when choosing a cheddar cheese because not all of them are equal when it comes down to the ingredients. Natural cheddar cheese isn’t orange, it usually has some colorant added to it, to make it look more appealing. But some colorants are not harmful, and some are.
Stay clear of cheddar cheese that has artificial coloring listed in the ingredient list like tartrazine (aka Yellow No 5). This is a food dye often used in food products in the U.S. (luckily in Europe this food dye is banned). It’s linked to multiple health issues and even cancer, so check the ingredient list when shopping for cheddar cheese.
Natural food coloring can be listed as Annato or Beta Carotene. These are coming from natural sources such as the seeds of the achiote tree or carrots.
- 200 gram shredded cheddar cheese
- Place a wooden spoon on top of two cups, creating a bridge.
- Add a handful of shredded cheddar cheese to a non-sticking pan or griddle and let it melt.
- Once the cheese is fully melted and starts to harden, flip it with a spatula.
- Cook for another minute or so and then transfer the taco to the bridge made with the wooden spoon, creating a shell.
- Let it cool down for a few minutes and fill it with your favorite taco toppings.
What toppings can I add that are keto-friendly?
- Ground beef
- Sour cream
- Red onion
- Cilantro, and any other herbs
- Spring onion