It’s September! And that means pumpkin season is about to begin! I love Autumn. Cozying up underneath a blanket while it’s starting to get a bit colder outside with a nice bowl of hot pumpkin soup gives me all the ‘Fall feels’.
This soup is paleo friendly, dairy free and absolutely delicious! (in my humble opinion). In this recipe I use a butternut squash, but you can use any of your favourite pumpkins.
PALEO PUMPKIN SOUP
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion (cut into pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 medium sized carrots (peeled and cut into pieces)
- 1 medium sized butternut squash (peeled and cut into pieces)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2-3 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, melt the coconut oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, butternut squash, salt and pepper. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chicken broth and water.
- Let everything cook on medium-low heat for about 30 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
- When the vegetables are soft, mix everything into a smooth soup. You can add more water if you want a less thick soup.
TO TOP OFF THE SOUP
You can add some topping to this soup, to give it that little extra, such as:
– bacon pieces
– coconut cream
– fresh or dried parsley