This paleo air-fried salmon recipe is so easy to prepare and tastes absolutely delicious. It’s perfect for when you want a quick easy dinner that is nutritious and tastes great.
The tricky thing about preparing salmon in the air fryer is that it can turn out to dry. The key, in this case, is not to overcook the salmon. In this recipe, I only fried the salmon for seven minutes and it turned out perfect.
The ingredients needed for this paleo air fried salmon recipe
Salmon filets: When choosing salmon, I prefer to go for a wild-caught salmon. Wild-caught salmon is higher in omega 3 and lower in omega 6 compared to farm-raised salmon.
Extra virgin olive oil: to add some extra healthy fat to use in the air fryer, I added one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil into the seasoning mixture.
Garlic: organic fresh cloves, minced or cut into small pieces. You can also substitute this with garlic powder; in that case use 1 tablespoon.
Ginger: organic, fresh, cut into small pieces. You can substitute fresh ginger with ground ginger. In that case use 1 teaspoon.
Coconut Aminos: I use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. Most soy sauce is GMO and can mimic estrogen in the body. A lot of soy sauces also contain MSG (monosodium glutamate) which is a chemical added to enhance flavor. This way you could be tempted into overeating. Coconut aminos taste almost the same as soy sauce and they work as a great healthy natural substitute.
Chili flakes: organic crushed red pepper chili flakes.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links that help keep this content free.
- Add all the listed ingredients (except for the salmon filets) into a large ziplock bag and mix.
- After the ingredients are mixed, add the salmon filets and let them rest for 10 minutes up to an hour or overnight in the fridge.
- In the meantime prepare the nut topping (this step is optional). Add the listed nuts into a food processor and mix until ground. Add the ground nuts on top of the seasoned salmon.
- Place the seasoned salmon (optional together with the nut topping) in the air fryer and fry for 7 minutes at 200 degrees Celcius / 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine with your favorite sides.
Can I still make this recipe without an air fryer?
Yes. If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake the salmon in the oven for 20 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degrees Celcius, in a tin foil boat.
Can I make this recipe keto?
Yes! The only ingredient that isn’t keto-friendly in this recipe is honey. So to make this recipe keto, just replace the honey with erythritol instead.
What can I eat with this paleo air fried salmon?
You can pair it with any of the paleo sides of your liking. I like to eat it with cauliflower rice, lettuce, and some avocado oil mayonnaise. You can also pair it with paleo carrot purree or green asparagus to give you some examples.