These keto stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy to prepare and they taste absolutely delicious. The combination of cabbage, tasty tomato sauce, and ground meat is a match made in heaven.
Although this dish may look like it’s complicated to prepare, it really isn’t and I’m sure this will become one of your favorites for a nice family dinner.
One portion (around 2-3 rolls) have a total of 14 gram of net carbs.
The ingredients for the keto stuffed cabbage rolls
Canned tomatoes: for the canned tomatoes I choose organic crushed tomatoes. You could use fresh tomatoes you cook and crush yourself and add some salt, but to keep it convenient I chose to use organic crushed tomatoes from a can.
Spices: I used salt, black pepper, paprika powder, ground cumin, and chili powder in the tomato sauce. If you like your tomato sauce spicy, you can add in more chili powder. I like it medium-spicy, so I used a small amount of chili powder to get a hint of spice, but not have our mouths on fire.
Ground meat: in this recipe, I used ground pork. But you can use any ground meat of your preference.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links that help keep this content free.
For the sauce
For the stuffed cabbage rolls
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- some fresh cilantro
Start with making the sauce
- In a medium-sized pot or pan, melt the coconut oil on medium heat. Cook the garlic and onion for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, the listed spices, and stir. Let it cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and set it aside.
Prepare the stuffed cabbage rolls.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil, turn down to medium heat and cook the cabbage for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime season the ground meat. Add the meat to a bowl and season with salt, black pepper, cumin, chili powder, and oregano. Mix everything together by hand.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F or 180 °C.
- Place the cooked cabbage on a cutting board and take a leaf. Remove the stem of the cabbage to smoothen the surface (see photo), which makes it easier to roll them up.
- Layout a leaf, so it looks like a bowl, and add some seasoned ground meat.
- Bring the outer right and left side inwards and roll up the bottom into a roll.
- Place the rolls into a baking dish.
- Cover the rolls with the tomato sauce and cover the baking dish with tin foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and garnish with sour cream and some chopped-up cilantro.