This keto quiche is a perfect addition to a nice Sunday’s Brunch or a meal during the week. A quiche is so versatile and you can mix things up by choosing different fillings. In this recipe I chose onion, garlic, baby spinach and yellow bell pepper. One slice has a total of 5.2 grams of net carbs.
If you’re not into making the crust, you can easily make this recipe without the crust and even turn them into egg cups, which are perfect if you are meal prepping and need an easy delicious breakfast on the go.
For the ingredients
The quiche filling: For this quiche I combined onion, garlic, spinach, yellow bell pepper, salt, pepper, nutmeg, coconut cream and eggs. You can be creative with the fillings and add more things like ham, bacon, cheese, leek or any other keto friendly ingredient. You do need to combine it with the listed amount of cream and eggs. I used coconut cream but there’s no coconut taste and it cuts down the dairy (I don’t do well on high amounts of dairy), but you can also use unsweetened heavy cream instead.
The cheese: To top off the quiche I sprinkled some shredded cheddar cheese on top. You can cause any other shredded cheese of your preference, or even leave it out. Leaving out the shredded cheese would make this quiche completely dairy free.
KETO QUICHE RECIPE
1 quiche – 6 servings
For the crust
For the filling
– 1 tablespoon ghee (or other cooking fat)
– 1 medium sized onion (cut in pieces)
– 2 cloves garlic (minced)
– Salt & pepper to taste
– Ground nutmeg to taste
– 6 cups fresh baby spinach
– 1/2 yellow bell pepper (cut in pieces)
– 1/2 cup coconut cream
– 4 eggs
– 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
- Start by making the crust. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degrees celsius.
- Add some olive oil to a 9 inch quiche pan and cover the bottom and sides to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients for the crust: almond flour, coconut flour, butter, eggs and salt, with a spoon until you have a firm dough.
- Press the dough into the quiche pan and cover the bottom and edges, pinch some holes in the bottom with a fork.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 10 -15 minutes until it very lightly starts to turn golden brown.
- In the meantime prepare the filling. In a pan, melt the ghee on medium-high heat and fry the onion and minced garlic. Add the bell pepper and baby spinach. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the spinach mix into a glass bowl and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Add the coconut cream and eggs to the spinach mix and whisk.
- Transfer the mixture into the pre-baked crust and sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven at 400 Fahrenheit or 200 Celsius.
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links which helps keep this content free.
Serving: 1/6 of the quiche | Calories: 293 kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 23g | Fiber: 4.8g