These keto pork chops in creamy garlic sauce are perfect for a nice keto-friendly dinner. The problem with pork chops, I find, is that they always seem to taste kind of dry on their own. Well, with this delicious creamy garlic sauce, that problem is solved. At only 3 grams of net carbs per portion, this is a recipe you will love.
For the ingredients
Pork Chops: I always get my pork chops from our local farmer. But you can also get them at your grocery store.
Butter: I used (Kerrygold) butter to sear the pork chops in and fry the onion and garlic. I love the taste of butter, but you can also use other cooking fats for this recipe such as ghee, coconut oil, duck fat, or beef tallow.
Seasoning: I kept it very basic when it comes to the seasoning of the recipe because a lot of flavors came from the juice left from the searing of the meat. I just used salt, pepper, and parsley for seasoning this dish.
Heavy cream: When choosing a heavy cream make sure it’s unsweetened, organic, and preferably from grass-fed, grass-finished cows. This way you avoid the added sugars, antibiotics, and GMO crops that are fed to these animals which in turn can harm your health.
Parmesan cheese: I used parmesan cheese that was grated almost powdery. You can also use a parmesan block and grate it yourself. When choosing parmesan cheese, try to find one that only has parmesan and cultures in the ingredient list, preferably no preservatives.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links that help keep this content free.
What to combine this recipe with
On keto, you can combine this recipe with any low-carb vegetable you like such as spinach, steamed broccoli, cauliflower, or any of the listed veggies down below.
- Season the pork chops with salt and black pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter on medium-high heat and sear both sides of the pork chops.
- Remove the pork chops from the skillet onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt another tablespoon of butter on medium heat and fry the onion and 2 minced cloves of the garlic and 3 whole cloves for about 1 minute.
- Add the heavy cream, parmezan cheese, salt, black pepper and parsley.
- Stir and let the sauce simmer at medium heat for 2-5 minutes. You'll notice the sauce thicken over time.
- Add the pork chops back to the skillet and serve.
Have you tried this recipe? I’d love to know what you think by leaving this recipe rating or comment.