This keto Christmas garlic bread puts me straight into the Holiday mood. It’s perfect for your next Christmas dinner to add as a side to share with the whole family. This garlic bread reminded me of the taste of the breadsticks that you get at Olive Garden! Absolutely delicious!
One portion has a total of 1.5 g net carbs.
The ingredients for this keto Christmas garlic bread
I made this Christmas tree garlic bread with the fat dough I use to make keto lasagna noodles or keto pizza. And it works great for any kind of bread-like recipe.
Mozzarella cheese: The base of this ‘bread’ is made with shredded mozzarella cheese. I wouldn’t recommend substituting this cheese with any other cheese, since you need the firm consistency to hold everything together and create a dough.
Almond flour: I use almond flour in the process of making the lasagna noodles. I don’t recommend substituting this with any other nut flour. I’ve tried it with coconut flour before. It didn’t turn out well.
Baking powder: Some say baking powder is not keto-friendly because it’s high in carbs. But for me personally, I don’t mind using it in a small amount. As it does not affect the total amount of carbs that much. I do recommend using a gluten-free one. You can choose to leave this ingredient out, but then you higher the chances of the tree, becoming flat.
- In a large glass bowl, add the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Melt in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes.
- When the mozzarella cheese is melted, add the egg and mix with a spatula.
- Add the almond flour and the baking powder to the mozzarella and egg mixture and start kneading with your hands until you have a firm dough. This could take a few minutes.
- When you have a firm dough, lay out parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Shape 17 balls out of the dough and lay them out next to each other. (see photo and video)
- In a cup, mix the melted butter, salt, minced garlic and fresh chopped parsley.
- Evenly spread out the garlic butter mix on top of the tree with a kitchen brush.
- Bake the tree in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until it starts to turn golden brown.
Have you tried this recipe? Let know how you liked it in the comments!