This keto-paleo mushroom soup is one of my husband’s favourites (and mine too), but I like any kind of soup to be honest. You might have tried any of my other soup recipes. I love to have soup. Especially during Fall and Winter when a filling hot meal is all you need.
Speaking of filling, this keto-paleo mushroom soup will definitely give you that satiety you’re looking for in a meal. One bowl has a total of 10 grams of net carbs and 45 grams of fat. The protein in this soup is rather on the low side, containing just 7 grams of protein, but that can easily be fixed by adding in some fried bacon or some cooked chicken breast.
This soup can be eaten on any ketogenic or paleolithic diet. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, low in carbs but filled with flavour. This recipe is versatile in any given diet.
For the ingredients
The mushrooms: In this recipe I used fresh organic chestnut mushrooms. But you can use any other type of mushroom your prefer.
The flour: I added in some coconut flour, to thicken up the soup a little and give it some extra flavour.
KETO – PALEO MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE
– 8 oz / 250 grams mushrooms
– 1 medium sized onion
– 3 cloves garlic
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil
– Salt (to taste)
– Black pepper (to taste)
– Nutmeg (to taste)
– 2 cups coconut cream
– 1 cup water
– 2 tablespoons coconut flour
– Some dried or fresh parsley
- Start by cutting the onion in pieces and mice the garlic. Also slice the mushrooms.
- In a large pot, melt the coconut oil on medium to high heat.
- Fry the onion and garlic for a couple of minutes until they start to brown. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
- Season with the salt, pepper and nutmeg, stir everything with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in the coconut cream and water. Stir and add the coconut flour.
- Add the dried or fresh parley and lower down the heat.
- Let the soup simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Serving: 1 portion | Calories: 464 kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 45g | Fiber: 5g