This keto mashed cauliflower is a great substitute to replace your regular mashed potatoes with during keto. It’s an ideal side dish to combine with a tasty piece of meat or fish.
1 serving of this mashed cauliflower has only 2.2 grams of net carbs.
The ingredients for this recipe
Cauliflower: You’ll need a medium-sized cauliflower of about 1 kg (2.2 lbs) for this dish. You can also use frozen cauliflower florets.
Sour cream: if you are not a fan of sour cream, you can replace it with cream cheese.
Seasoning: in this recipe I use salt, pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg. You can add more or less spices to taste.
(Optional) Olive oil: You can drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil over the cauliflower puree to finish.
KETO MASHED CAULIFLOWER
- 1 cauliflower head (*see notes for amount)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Add water to a medium-sized pot and let the water boil.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the boiling water and cook until they are tender.
- Drain the cauliflower florets through a strainer and return them to the pot. (Do not put the pot back on the fire)
- Add the butter, sour cream and spices and blend with an immersion blender until mashed.
- (You can also use a potato masher for this)
Can I make this recipe without an immersion blender?
Yes, you can also make the keto mashed cauliflower with a potato masher or you can also mix it in a food processor.
How can I store this keto mashed cauliflower?
You can store the remaining mashed cauliflower in a container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days after preparation or in the freezer for up to 2 months.